Students enrolled full-time at Pearson Online Academy have access to licensed academic school counselors, who are dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential. These highly trained counselors are easily accessible to students and their families by phone and online.
Our virtual school counselors are prepared to get to know students and assist them with:
- Academic goal-setting, scheduling, and planning
- Personal and social development
- Career planning
- College planning
Preparing Students for College and Career
Beyond their daily counseling activities, our academic counselors offer services designed to help high school students prepare for college and career with:
- Personalized Learning Plans® focusing on post-graduation goals
- Interactive, online LiveLesson® sessions connecting Pearson Online Academy families across the country with real-time information about financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, entrance requirements, and more
- College test preparation courses for the SAT examinations
- One-on-one counseling with seniors to provide resources and assistance with post-secondary planning, including career options, vocational training, and selecting the right college
Weekly Counseling Programs
In partnership with Connections Academy schools, Pearson Online Academy offers weekly National Counseling LiveLesson® programs that enable students and families to learn more about academic, social development, and career topics.
During these real-time students can ask guest speakers questions about their career choices and experiences. It’s just another way Pearson Online Academy opens a world of possibilities to its students.
With master’s degrees and specialized training in developmental and educational psychology, our virtual school counselors help students address the personal, social, and academic issues that can affect their success in school and in life.
At Pearson Online Academy, our virtual school counseling program is built on relationships, so our counselors are readily accessible to students and families—online, and by phone. With the additional support from our national office and its collaborative network of school counselors across the United States, our counselors bring both individual attention and national expertise to our students and families.