Students/Learning Coaches can log into Pearson Online Classroom (formerly known as Connexus®)
from various devices, such as a mobile phone, tablet,
or desktop computer. We regularly test a wide range of devices to ensure the accessibility and functionality of the
education management system.
Hardware and Software
We recommend that students/Learning Coaches update software and Internet browsers regularly on each device. For the
best experience, try the following connectivity recommendations for accessing Pearson Online Classroom:
- Desktop and Laptop Computers—for the most user-friendly experience
- Operating System
- Windows 8.1 or later
- macOS 10.13 or later
- Browsers—the latest versions of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Safari (Mac only)
- Plugins—the latest versions of the following:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer
- Alternative: LibreOffice—a free productivity suite compatible with Microsoft Office
Mobile Devices and Third-Party Curriculum
Although we regularly test our education management system, many mobile devices may not be fully compatible with
third-party curriculum platforms that are accessed through Pearson Online Classroom. These include: Chromebook, iPad, iPhone,
iPod, Kindle, and Android phones & tablets.
- Broadband connection is required.
- Use the chart on the FCC Household Broadband Guide to assist in selecting the appropriate
- For one student, a minimum download speed of 8Mbps should be requested from your ISP.
- For two or more students, a minimum download speed of 25Mbps should be requested from your ISP.
- NOTE: As you add more users/devices (e.g., computers, gaming consoles, streaming devices, etc.) the need for
bandwidth increases. Therefore, if you use multiple devices, you should request a minimum download speed of
- NOTE: If you have a satellite connection, you may experience performance issues depending on outside weather
conditions and latency.
- You can test your current Internet speeds at http://www.speedtest.net
- Speeds less than those noted above may result in a less than optimum user experience
- For LiveLesson sessions and other Pearson Online Classroom content, the following ports need to be open:
- Data usage
- The amount of data transferred over your Internet connection each month depends on what your
student’s courses and online activities are each day. We are not able to provide this information
because each session in Pearson Online Classroom is unique and varied. Please contact your Internet Service Provider
(ISP) to discuss the best option for your needs.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact Pearson Online Classroom Technical Support at 1-800-382-6010, option 5. We are
available Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m. Eastern.