High School Courses
Students who enroll in the fully accredited online high school classes at Pearson Online Academy get the flexibility and support they need to succeed in every facet of their lives. Each student follows a personalized learning plan and has access to school counselors who help promote academic achievement and personal development.
The 9–12 education features a core curriculum including math, science, English, and social studies. Electives in varied topics such as digital photography, marine science, game design, and world languages encourage students to explore and grow to become well-rounded individuals. Honors and Advanced Placement®* courses provide the challenge needed for college preparation. Students can also prepare for the future by joining college and career clubs.
Preparing for College
College and Career Planning
To make sure that each senior class is well prepared for the transition out of virtual high school and is aware of the graduation requirements, Pearson Online Academy provides:
- Access to a full-time certified school counselor
- Assistance creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- LiveLesson® online workshops on topics such as the college admissions process, financial aid and scholarships
- Free access to online courses for college admissions test preparation
- Official transcripts
- Additional online extracurricular activities such as Debate Club, Career Club, and College Planning Club
- Career Technical Education (CTE) courses, which allow students to combine both college preparation and workforce skills development into one customized education program. CTE courses encourage students to explore and prepare for careers in finance, marketing, psychology, criminal justice, and more.
To learn more about Pearson Online Academy’s online high school courses, take a look at the sample lessons.
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.